Contact Illinois Conservation Law Enforcement
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) is responsible for the conservation of the state’s wildlife resources. If you have concerns that a wildlife law has been broken, you can report wildlife violations HERE.
Click HERE if you would like to learn about permits and licensing information or need to contact an IDNR conservation police officer.
Illinois Conservation Law
The following Illinois laws guide the management of Illinois’ wildlife and the resolution of human wildlife conflicts.
- Illinois Compiled Statutes: §520 Wildlife Statutes
- Wildlife Code (520 ILCS 5/)
- Nuisance Wildlife (520 ILCS 5/2.37)
- Nuisance Wildlife Control Permits (17 Illinois Administrative Code, Part 525)
- Protected Species (520 ILCS 5/2.2)
- Illinois List of Endangered and Threatened Fauna (17 Illinois Administrative Code, Part 1010)
- Endangered and Threatened Species List
- Wildlife Conservation Measures and Practices (17 Illinois Administrative Code, Part 635)